Thursday, November 5, 2009

Colorado had some animal heros

Read about Kenai, a Bernese Mountain dog (which I think are absolutely gorgeous dogs by the way). She was honored for waking her family and warning them of carbon dioxide in their home, and saved their lives.

These dogs are so amazing, how do they know that they need to bark to wake us?

I know my own Pom will do what I call "poofing" when he wants to wake me up so I can take him outside. He stands close to my head on the bed, and poofs the air in his cheeks out.

If that doesn't work he will whine. If I am really tired he will paw me, and as a very last resort he does his "stomp". He will literally jump with his front feet on my arm or side. I think this is when he is very desperate. Although he only weighs about four pounds, this is enough to wake me from anything. If I ever don't wake up, he should try someone else because I must have died!

No comments:

Post a Comment